The brain is one of the most vital components responsible for the body’s perfect functioning. Have you ever noticed why bike or two-wheeler riders must wear helmets? The reason is to protect the head from injury. A severe hit on the head may lead to brain injury. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is induced by objects which penetrate the brain tissues and cause cerebral injury. These injuries can be fatal as well. If you suffer from traumatic brain injuries due to accidents caused by others’ carelessness, then you should consult Brain Injury Lawyer Queens.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Various types of brain injuries are categorized based on the location and severity of the damage caused to the brain. The three main types of brain injuries caused by accidents are-
- Anoxic Brain Injuries– In this type of TBI, there is a lack of oxygen in the brain, due to which the brain cell starts dying. The blockage mainly causes it in the blood flow to the brain.
- Subdural Hematomas– The blood clots cause it in the brain, reducing blood flow to the brain.
- Penetrating Brain injuries– It occurs when any object pierces the skull to penetrate the brain tissues. It is usually caused due to external forces like accidents.
The first step to diagnosing any brain injury is to conduct a neurological assessment to evaluate the motor and sensory functions of the brain. Neurologists evaluate the thinking process of the victim to check the sensory functions and coordination of reflex actions. Further tests include CT scans and MRI scans.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are multiple and complex symptoms of brain injuries. The types of symptoms determine the degree of the trauma caused to the injury in the brain. Some of the symptoms are-
- Bleeding, swelling, and blunt force trauma of the brain.
- It was falling unconscious anytime and anywhere.
- Mild (temporary) or severe (permanent) loss of memory.
- Impairment of speech due to difficulty in thinking and forming words.
- Impairment in vision can lead to blindness.
- Improper motor functions due to which the victim is unable to move. It leads to paralysis as well.
- Significant changes in the personality of the victim.
- Headache, confusion, and dizziness.
- Hallucination and problems with learning.
The attorney assigned to you looks for the above symptoms of the victims having traumatic brain injury with the help of a medical expert (doctor or neurosurgeon).
If any individual suffers a traumatic brain injury due to an accident caused by others, the victim can file a lawsuit against the offender. The lawyers prove the liability of the defendants by establishing the following things-
- Breach of duty
- The actual cause of the accident (i.e., negligence)
- Quantifiable and substantial damages.
The attorneys ensure adequate compensation to the victims for the economic losses and non-economic damages. The victims need to file a lawsuit against the accused persons with the help of legal law firms. They have many experienced lawyers who are capable of handling cases related to traumatic brain injury.
Filing the Lawsuit
The experienced lawyers of the reputed law firm prove the following points so that the judgment goes in favor of the victims-
- Duty of care– It is necessary to hold the accused responsible for the victim’s injury and prove that the accused has failed to meet the duty of care due to negligence.
- Personal Injury– It is crucial to provide evidence of the personal injuries faced by the victim to get adequate compensation.
To get justice and compensation for traumatic brain injury, the lawyers must prove the severity of the brain injury caused to their clients (victims). The Brain Injury Lawyer Queens fight the legal battle for their clients with full dedication so that the victims can get justice and monetary compensation to cover all the medical bills, future costs of surgeries and rehabilitation treatments, and the loss of income due to the accident.